Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A little bit of this and that....


Hi Everyone!  Thought I would share a few things that I have been meaning to post.  I also have a hidden agenda for tonights post....I need your opinion on something.....But first off here are a couple of yard sale finds:


These really cool jars, I got four of them for $1.75


I tied twine around them and added a tea light candle and hung them in my back yard.


Bottles in a perfect brown glass one of which reads "Purex" and another that reads "Clorox".  A perfect addition to my downstairs bathroom.  All for $5!


Another jar filled with rusty goodies for $1.


A 7-UP Crate that I turned upside down and put a wired lantern on top, on my porch.  I'm not to happy with it here, I'm sure I will move it somewhere else when I find a better spot.  I got this for $4.


I have had this awesome vintage window.  I have it hanging in my hall/laundry room.  I bought this from the Rose Bowl Flea Market last year.


The blog world is full of pallet love!  I made this piece over the past weekend.  I found two very light pallets at work (my co-workers think I'm nuts) and dis-assembled planks from one pallet and added them to the other.  I roughed painted it white and hung it on my wall.  I added a "love" sign and a 3 dimensional star.  It made this space comfortable and welcoming.  I love it.  NOW....FOR YOUR HELP:


This is the wall that everyone sees on the way up and down my stair case.  I have started a collage of old and current black and white photos.  I like the randomness and the uneven spaces between each picture (my house is full of imperfections and that sort of makes it feel like home..) I sort of just add as I get a new picture.  Heres my problem,  towards the top is a light fixture, this ugly fixture came with the house when we bought it 3 years ago.  It was brass, I painted it black.  I never removed it or replaced it because it is odd shaped and I didn't have the paint color that the house was painted with to touch up.

Fast forward to today.  We had a leak in a major pipe in my laundry room and drywall was cut out.  This leaves me with....I MUST GET THE PAINT MATCHED....so if I must get the paint color for the laundry room, then I can take down the fixture, paint under it and add another.  YES!

What type of light fixture should I put in its place?  I would love something vintage rather then new.... I also need to keep the fixture there because it is our source of light to get down the stairs at 3am.

Any ideas?

Please help....

I'm desperate, I don't have any ideas whatsoever!

Thank You so much.....your the best!

Josie

2 comments:

  1. What great finds, and you got them all at great prices. I am not sure about the light fixture. I may need to think on it a bit.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the vintage jars!
    x
    Melissah from Country Style Chic

    ReplyDelete