Monday, October 24, 2011

Halloween Tree

I have always wanted one of those fancy Halloween trees that you often see at your local Target or Michaels store, but never wanted to pay the high price.  So here is a simple and in-expensive Halloween tree display that I have created to add to my holiday decor.  Enjoy!



It's super easy.  I washed an empty tomato sauce can (any can that you have in your pantry will work, the bigger the better) and I filled it 3/4 full with quick drying concrete.  Then I simply found a tree branch that was dead or well on its way and  pulled off all of the leaves.  I inserted it in the concrete and tried to get it as centered as possible.



I let it all set overnight to harden. Then I painted the entire thing with black spray paint and while the paint was still wet, I sprinkled glitter all over for an added sparkle.



 After I waited for the paint to dry, I decorated my tree.  I chose to add a black bow on top and some hanging bats and crows.  This tree would be lovely if you added spider webs and spiders, hanging pumpkins or anything else that you can think of!  Have Fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment