Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Vintage Kitchen Cupboard Door

Although I posted a Halloween craft previously, that is not my norm, so I thought that I would actually post something more in my element.  Here it is.......I found an old kitchen cupboard door in the rafters of my garage that was left behind by the previous home owner.



I knew that I needed to do something with it, so I quickly painted it with some cream paint and used sandpaper to rough up the paint to help  make the paint look worn.  I found some chicken wire that I had saved from a previous project.



I attached the chicken wire with staples on the recessed part of the cupboard door and added a knob for a handle.  Naturally I left the original hinges on the door.



Using some clothespins, I decided to hang family pictures from my vintage cupboard door.


This super cute picture display currently hangs in my home!

2 comments:

  1. What a cute idea, Josie! It turned out great! Thanks for stopping by and following my blog...I'm a new follower, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey don't we just love founded objects. Wished I could of found that old door. Love what you did with it. Your newest follower.
    Thanks for visiting my blog and becoming my newest follower.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete