Tuesday, March 13, 2012

How cute is she!

It never fails....I usually work on small projects in my living room.  Which means I am usually on the floor.  It never fails that Ginger finds a cozy spot right smack in the middle of whatever I am doing, and there is nothing I can do about it other then take a break because moving a fat Basset Hound is definitely out of the question!


Here she is doing what she does best!  I was in the middle of making my own chicken wire cloche.  I haven't been lucky enough to find glass ones that don't cost an arm and a leg so like many others I decided to improvise.


I had this metal cake stand for a few years, I repainted it and formed a cloche out of chicken wire.  I quickly spray painted the chicken wire and added a simple black bow.  I also had this cute bird that I sat in it. 

 On another note......my house is a mess!  My kitchen is under construction as I am re-painting my cabinets and adding a super cute chalk board to the side of one.  And within the next couple of weeks I will be ripping out my downstairs carpet and installing laminate wood flooring.  I can't wait!  Meanwhile, I have to adjust to not having things in the spots that I want them in.  My sister came over tonight and said that "my kitchen looks sad" :(   I asked her "are you sure that my kitchen doesn't look  like  it is under construction?"  She answered "nope, just terribly sad".  I will post before and after pics later.....way later :)

Bye, 
Josie

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Josie! You are one of the winners of my giveaway! I send me your email and i will send you the details and we can work out your design! t.xoxooxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, that picture of Ginger is hilarious!! I love soft, furry mugs :) You sound like you are going to be a VERY busy lady over the next number of weeks. I look forward to the pics. Your bird cloche/house is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ginger is adorable! My two Cairn terriers - Boswell and Archie - are in the middle of any business that's going on. It's comforting to hear their snores as I'm struggling with a project. They're our little boys in furry pajamas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your dog do looks enjoying life!

    ReplyDelete