Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Some of my favorite things

I wanted to create a quick post to show you some of my favorite things.  These are  pieces that I have displayed in my home and they are just a few of the many things that make my home feel like home:


This is my teacup collection.  I love looking at them but hate to dust them!





These are desk drawers that were salvaged from a rickety un-savable piece.  I simply hung them up, with the drawer pulls facing down so that I can use them as mini shelves.


I just love this!  While out to dinner with my family at a local resturaunt, the resturaunt had a similar umbrella hanging from their wall.  I'm not a believer in superstitions so it was a perfect piece for me to re-create and hang in the empty space of  my walls (I have vaulted ceilings).  After drawing an umbrella top onto plywood, I had my brother cut it out.  I painted it black and distressed it to make it look old and worn.  Then I attached an old cane (another collection I have going) to the middle of the umbrella. I then "spotted" or shall I say "supervised" my husband while he hung it up.


This is my press printing drawer that I have converted to an old spice container holder (oh and anything else old and rusty).  I also have some antique sewing machine parts displayed in the nooks, finding spice containers to fit in these small nooks is sometimes a chore~

Thanks for stopping by!
Josie

1 comment:

  1. The old spice containers are very neat...and the tea cups of course! You have so many beautiful things! It's fun to collect pretty things! ♥

    ReplyDelete